To create globally competent mechanical engineers capable of working in an interdisciplinary environment contributing to the society through research and entrepreneurship with leadership qualities.
Mission of the Department:
• To provide sound technical knowledge to the students.
• To nurture students with ethical values.
• To enable students to be productive members of interdisciplinary teams, capable of adapting to changing environments of technology and society.
• To inculcate critical thinking abilities among students and develop entrepreneurial skill and leadership qualities.
• To create facilities for continued education, training, research and consultancy.
Programme Educational Objectives: (PEOS)
PEO 1: Fundamental knowledge
Prepare graduates to excel in professional career by acquiring knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering principles.
PEO 2: Technical knowledge
Prepare graduates to have strong core and technical knowledge in Mechanical Engineering and allied disciplines contributing to society through interdisciplinary research, entrepreneurial skills and leadership quality with a global outlook.
PEO 3: Research & Development
Impart critical thinking skills and to develop initiatives and innovative ideas for R&D and Industrial requirements.
PEO 4: Social Context
Implant professional attitude and management principles and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
PEO 5: Life-long learning
Inculcate teamwork, communication, interpersonal skills and ethical approach adapting to changing environments of engineering and technology by engaging in life-long learning.